Miriam Quiambao

Miriam Redito Quiambao was born in Quezon City, Philippines. She obtained her degree in Physical Therapy from the University of Santo Tomas. She represented the country in the 1999 Miss Universe pageant held in Trinidad and Tobago. She was crowned the first runner-up to Botswana's Mpule Kwelagobe.

Despite her fall in the preliminary round of the evening gown competition, she was able to collect herself and finished her walk with poise and grace. When asked about it this was her reply, "I believe that I have stood up for the rest of the women who have fallen whether on or off the stage. I believe that through this example of mine I have shown courage and strength of being a woman, of being who I am, and I hope to be a good example to the rest of the women in the world."

She later became a popular television personality and celebrity endorser in the Philippines.